Chef Neha Shah (@nehadeepakshah) has a tempting new way to lay out an appetiser
We’re loving the whole concept of jarcuterie; it plays with the idea of charcuterie, but you can make it as vegetarian or vegan as you like. Here are Chef Neha Shah’s guidelines to make your own jar…
Gather the components for your jar
1. Dips and spreads: cream cheese, hummus or any dip of your choice
2. Cheese: use cubes of your favourite cheeses such as cheddar, Emmental or brie
3. Fruits: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple cubes, orange segments, wedges of apple, pear, fig…
4. Crudites: make carrot and cucumber strips using a peeler
5. Olives and pickles: black and/or green olives, gherkins or pickled veggies of your choice
6. Nuts: walnuts, almonds… You can also add masala nuts.
7. Crackers and breadsticks
Assemble your jar
Take inspiration from this jar…
1. Place some dip at the bottom of a wide-mouthed short jar. “I used cream cheese at the bottom of this jar,” says Chef Shah.
2. Roll a cucumber strip and insert it on a skewer. Add a cube of cheese and then half a carrot strip. You can also add some pineapple cubes to this. Add these to your jar.
3. Add some nuts. “I added toasted walnuts and almonds,” says Chef Shah. “You can also add flavoured nuts to this.”
4. Add olives and gherkins.
5. Add crackers and breadsticks to the jar.
6. Finally add fruits, and enjoy.
Image courtesy Chef Neha Shah
Also see: Use Your Onion: Recipes To Elevate That Kitchen Staple
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Be the first one to comment.