Featuring: Tejasvi Chandela, host of The Baker’s Table on Zee Zest
26th March 2021 | 12:00 PM IST
If you’ve ever been intimidated by the idea of making a cake, Tejasvi Chandela, host of The Baker’s Table on Zee Zest, has a fail-proof recipe for you
Pastry chef and chocolate maker Tejasvi Chandela wants to be your friendly baker-next-door. She’s always been good at baking, and now she shares all her experience, knowledge, and tips and tricks on her show The Baker’s Table on Zee Zest. She holds a business management degree from Royal Holloway University, London, the UK, but, since she loves creating a storm in the kitchen, she’s got herself additional qualifications from the Leith School of Food and Wine, London, and Le Cordon Bleu, Paris. She now owns Dzurt Patisserie and Cafe, All Things Chocolate, and Cut Chocolate Cake.
Follow @cheftejasvichandela on Instagram to keep in touch with the ‘sweet’ action in Tejasvi’s life.
Never-Fail Cake With Summer Fruits
300 g butter at room temperature
300 g caster sugar
300 g flour
1½ tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 1 lemon
Whipped cream, to sandwich
Strawberry jam, to sandwich
Icing sugar, to dust
Strawberries, to top
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease two cake pans with butter and dust with flour.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar. You can also do this with a hand whisk.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time.
5. Fold in the flour and baking powder and mix to a dropping consistency.
6. Add the orange and lemon zest, and mix again.
Pour into the greased pans, tap the pans on the table to remove air pockets, and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. Cool the cakes on wire racks.
8. Sandwich the cooled cakes with whipped cream and strawberry jam.
9. Dust the top with icing sugar, and top with strawberries.